If You Were in Abunawas’ Position: A Beautiful Garden


Abunawas

Hello, Wendah’s buddies? How’s everything? May all of you be fine! J

Alhamdulillah I am fine, too and very okay to share one of classic stories I like most: Abunawas. I guess you guys, must have known the story or the principal attribute about him, such as where he came from and when his life took place in this wonderful earth. If that so, I will just skip telling about it. Instead, I am going to tell you one of Abunawas' stories I fall in love with through different way to make this article more captivating.

Here we go..
In my mind, all Abunawas’ stories must have to do with (at least) two things: smartness and bravery. For me, reading Abunawas’ story becomes so much fun and interesting because it shows us that Abunawas had made use his brain optimally (I call it that way since I cannot find the more appropriate term to explain how brilliant Abunawas is). Sometimes after reading Abunawas’ story, I brought the point of the story to today’s life, to my life while thinking, “Can/will I do well with such thing like Abunawas did?”. I guess I won’t since I am not so certain that I have made use my brain optimally like Abunawas did. No worries that sometimes I am still not confident enough with some points of life that I have made *sigh. But, don't worry. It’s just me. But hey, what about you, dear buddies?

Okay, let me give you one and simple story about Abunawas that I like most and supposed that you were in Abunawas’ position.

What if you are asked to guide numbers of people to the beautiful forest that you haven’t gone there yet? (It was experienced by Abunawas in one of the stories about him I like best). You are merely given one direction: Go through a specific road. After then, you will find that the road branches into two sides: to the right and to the left. The beautiful forest is located in one of the roads, either in the right or the left road. Don’t make a wrong decision since one of the roads will direct you to the terrifying forest and you’ll get lost until you can’t come back to a place you are from.

Super confusing, right? Don’t worry, you still get a help: Somebody tells you that there is a house at the corner of road and identical twins live in the house. They know the road heading to the beautiful forest, so they will show you which one of the road that will bring you to beautiful forest. But, the only problem is they have different character. One is always saying the truth (honest), while another is not (unhonest), and unfortunately their faces resemble to each other until you guys will not know whom you are talking to, whether the honest or unhonest one because they never want to reveal who really they are.

Any idea?

Frankly speaking, from this I am still clueless even though the clue has been shared vividly. How come I could lead the trip to a place I have never gone there yet with such weird clue? What if I talk to the unhonest girl? How do I know that the girl to whom I talked to is either the honest or the unhonest one? That was what in my mind when I see myself as if I were the leader of the trip. Perhaps I will politely say that the instruction of the order might be wrong and less complete LOL.

Buth, how about you? What will you do responsing to such an order with a weird clue? I guess you have your own to find the way out, whether it is correct or uncorrect one LOL.

Okay, seriously are you curiuos with what Abunawas did? I wonder if you also do the same thing as Abunawas did.

In that case, let me tell you. From what I read, the brilliant Abunawas was calmly accepting the order and after coming to the branched road, he knocked the door of the one and only house there. A girl came out, opened the door. Abunawas then spoke to the girl. After having some short conversations, he came back to his troop while saying in a certain tone, “Take the left road”.

Without a word, the troop did Abunawas’ instruction. No one asked how could he bravely make such decision. Finally they truly came to the beautiful forest. Abunawas successfully lead the troop as his King’s order.

And, back to the story.. Do you know the point of speech Abunawas gave to the girl to find out the right road heading to the beautiful forest?

The answer is.. Abunawas only did one thing. He asked an outstanding question to her, “What will your twin say when I ask her which road heading to the beautiful forest? The right or the left road?”. She then answered, “The right one”. So, the left road must be the correct one.

Got it?

It is simple. Abunawas didn’t know (even didn’t necessarily know) whom he talked to, either the honest or unhonest girl. The important thing is merely the answered coming out of the girl’s mouth. Have you got it?

Well, let make two speculations here.
  1.         “The right road” is the answer from the girl. Now supposed that the girl talking to Abunawas (or to you) was the honest one. She automatically implies that her unhonest twin will say the untruth or the opposite. That is why, when she (the girl in front of Abunawas or you) say ‘the right road’ it indicates that the truth is the ‘left road’ since her unhonest twin sister will say the opposite.
  2. .    Still “The right road” is the answer from the girl. Now supposed that the girl talking to Abunawas (or to you) was the unhonest one. She automatically implies that her honest twin will say the truth. That is why, when she (the girl in front of Abunawas or you) says ‘the right road’ it indicates that the truth is the ‘left road’ since she says the opposite of what her honest twin sister will say.

See?


Super smart, brilliant and brave, isn’t he? That is why it is not questionable anymore that in fact I am passionately falling in love with any kinds of Abunawas story. 

*****

Source of the pic.: 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhLqf2KGJAqiWq1FrE6Qap4wM6Uh2Z_nG8iYy7dt4rvCELDhJSLWZsywe94J4i6kR5iV6LHwkvcvaCkaQ-PPk70ugWEcWIadI45iID_TvCgBnzYqKZWaO-TtYKclV6PWAcqlNa5cPjIWbg/s1600/53429.jpg

Comments